Health Savings Account (HSA)
Your health is important — and sometimes, expensive. Give it the priority it deserves without additional stress. An HSA enables you to set aside for qualified medical expenses before they occur and benefit from tax advantages in the process.* That way, you're always prepared and financially strategic.
- Greater personal control over healthcare management and expenses
- Prepare for qualified medical expenses
- Earn competitive interest
- An HSA provides triple tax savings:
- Tax deductions when you contribute to your account
- Tax-free earnings through investment
- Tax-free withdrawals for qualified medical, dental, vision expenses, and more*
- Contributions are tax-free and can be made by you, your employer, or a third party
- Funds can be withdrawn at any time**
- Low monthly maintenance fee
- Unused funds remain in account year after year; no "use it or lose it" policy
- Keep your HSA in your name, regardless of career or life changes
- Access funds online, via checks, or debit card
- Access to your account anytime, anywhere with Online Banking
- Voice Banking
- No minimum opening deposit requirement
View the Health Savings Accounts and Other Tax-Favored Health Plan (PDF) provided by the IRS for more information.
*Consult a tax advisor.
**You can withdraw funds at any time for any purpose. However, if funds are withdrawn for reasons other than qualified medical expenses, the amount withdrawn will be included as taxable income, and is subject to a penalty.
Am I eligible for a Pacific Express® Health Savings Account?
You can open an HSA as long as you are:
- Covered by a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- Not covered by another health insurance plan
- Not enrolled in Medicare
- Not a dependent on someone else's tax return